A dish cool enough to be enjoyed during the summer and warm enough to be eaten in the winter, hearty enough to be eaten on its own and light enough to be enjoyed as a side – this dish is simple, tasty, and versatile.
spice mix: 1 teaspoon paprika, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon cumin powder, pinch of chilli powder (to taste), sea salt (to taste)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
100g string beans, trimmed
1 large zucchini (courgette)
150g cherry tomatoes
1 400g can beans of your choice (I used a mix), rinse beans well
1. Heat a skillet and once hot, add the EVOO.
2. Add the sliced onions and minced garlic clove. Sprinkle a little sea salt and add a tablespoon of water. Sauté for 5 minutes until they’ve softened and lightly browned.
3. Add the spice mixture and stir to combine. If spices start clumping, add another tablespoon or two of water and mix for a few minutes.
4. Add the remaining ingredients except the cherry tomatoes and beans. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add the cherry tomatoes and beans and mix well. Cook for another 10 minutes and then turn off the heat, cover the skillet, and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving. The dish can be served at any temperature.