Today’s salad features ingredients that I enjoy but haven’t had in a really long time. I made these 4 bowls at the beginning of the week and they made for perfect lunches for the first four days of the workweek. Fresh ingredients added on the day were: spinach, 1/2 avocado, and a few macadamia nuts. Dressing was a touch of extra virgin olive oil and a dash of salt to taste.
1/2 cup quinoa, cooked according to the directions on the packet
1/4 cup black olives, sliced (divided among the 4 bowls)
1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped (divided among the 4 bowls)
2 bell peppers, diced (1 yellow and 1 orange, divided among the 4 bowls)
4 beets, peeled, diced and roasted
1/2 avocado (added on the day)
3-4 macadamia nuts, raw
1 cup spinach (fresh, washed and added on the day)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions
- Prepare vegetables – wash, core, and dice the bell peppers; chop up the sundried tomatoes.
- Preheat the oven to roast the beetroot. (peel and chop beets into wedges; lightly coat with some olive oil and season with salt; roast beets on a baking dish for 20 minutes; turn beets over and bake for another 20 minutes)
- Combine quinoa, sundried tomatoes, olives, bell peppers, and beets (once they’ve cooled).
- I washed and added the spinach fresh each day; I also added 1/2 an avocado on the day and topped 3-5 macadamia nuts.
- Dressing was simply extra virgin olive oil and some salt to taste.