In an attempt to try something different for lunch, I made these turkey stuffed bell peppers. With four main ingredients – ground turkey breast, sweet potato, passata, and bell peppers – they were quite filling and tasty.
1 lb. ground turkey breast
1 medium sweet potato, grated
1 1/2 cups passata
3 bell peppers, halved and de-veined, de-seeded
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon coriander powder
sea salt to taste
2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of pine nuts, divided
- Preheat the oven to 230°C.
- Heat a skillet and add the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the ground turkey and lightly sauté for 3-5 minutes, until just colored.
- Add the grated sweet potato and spices and mix well.
- Add the passata and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Wash and halve the bell peppers. De-seed and de-vein the peppers.
- Place the bell pepper halves on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Evenly spoon the turkey mixture into the bell peppers.
- Top each stuffed bell pepper with a sprinkling of pine nuts.
- Bake the stuffed bell peppers for 30 minutes.
sauté the ground turkey with the shredded sweet potato and spices
clean out the halved bell peppers and place on a lightly greased baking sheet
spoon in the turkey mixture
bake for 25 minutes and enjoy!