My lunch for the past 2 weeks has been one of the simplest salads I’ve made in ages, but I can’t get enough of it! It’s so simple that I wasn’t planning on sharing the recipe, but it’s so good that I’ve changed my mind 🙂
20 vine cherry tomatoes, halved
2 bell peppers, (I used 1 red and 1 yellow)
2 cans of tuna fish, in water, drained
1/4 cup of raw pine nuts
salt to taste
2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
veggies are prepped
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- In a small baking dish, coat the diced cherry tomatoes with EVOO. Sprinkle some salt over the tomatoes. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are baking, peel and finely dice the cucumber. Also finely dice the bell pepper.
- Combine the drained tuna fish and vegetables in a bowl. Add the cherry tomatoes when they’re ready. Toss all the ingredients together.
- Each day serve a portion of the salad, add slices of 1/2 an avocado and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of pine nuts over the salad.
roasted cherry tomatoes
As I said, this salad is so simple it really didn’t need a recipe. It’s a winning combination for me. I love the freshness of the vegetables and the crunch of the pine nuts. I found that the tomato juice from the roasted tomatoes added enough flavor for me so I didn’t need any extra dressing, but of course add some if you feel the salad is too dry.