I like to keep my meals restricted to 5 main ingredients or less. This one, using only 3 main ingredients, is one of my favorites. In fact, using chicken thighs – which we don’t normally eat – in combination with the chicken breasts has made this dish one of our weekend treats! Three main ingredients and a few spices + 1 1/2 hours oven time = a tasty dinner for 6 people!
30-40 cherry tomatoes, washed, halved
4 chicken breasts
6 chicken thighs
3 bell peppers, washed, sliced into strips
sea salt to taste
2 teaspoons garlic granules
3 rosemary sprigs
2-3 bay leaves
1.5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place cherry tomatoes in a deep baking dish. Drizzle and coat with extra virgin olive oil (about 1 tablespoon).
- Sprinkle salt and rosemary sprigs on top of the tomatoes. Place bay leaves on top of the tomatoes.
- Place baking dish with the tomatoes in the oven and bake for 40-50 minutes – until the tomatoes start to char.
- While the tomatoes are baking, slice the bell peppers. Coat the bell pepper slices with some EVOO (about 1/2 tablespoon)
- Place the chicken pieces in a bowl and coat with the garlic granules. Add more sea salt or other spices – to taste.
- Once the tomatoes start to char, take the baking dish out of the oven. Remove the bay leaves.
- Place the chicken pieces on top of the tomatoes.
- Layer the bell peppers on top of the chicken pieces.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
The chicken bakes in the juice from the cherry tomatoes which keeps it quite moist. Enjoy with a side of cauliflower rice or brown rice.