This fish loaf is frequently included in my dinner rotation. It’s easy to make. It keeps well (fridge/freezer). Plus it’s tasty! I’ve even made this loaf to have on hand while I was traveling abroad – it was much better than any airplane food, and a fridge & microwave in the hotel room made it easy to store, reheat, and eat while on the go. Although I would much rather use fresh fish than canned, for convenience, I used either tuna or salmon canned in water.
375 g. fish (canned tuna or salmon)
3 bell peppers
3/4 cup peas (thawed/boiled)
1 cup ground almonds
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
salt and pepper to taste
extra virgin olive oil to coat the loaf pan
- Chop the bell peppers
- Cook the peas (either boil or microwave until al dente)
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together
- Mix the fish and vegetables together in a large bowl. Mix well but do not mash.
- Add the ground almonds and spices and mix again
- Mix in the eggs
- Coat the loaf pan with olive oil (you can even line the pan with parchment paper and then coat)
- Fill a loaf pan with the mixture
- Bake at 180 C for 40 minutes
- Let sit in the loaf pan for at least 5 minutes before turning out.
Serve & Enjoy!
Makes 6 servings.
ingredients mixed together
the final product