This was the first ‘dessert’ I ever made while on the Whole Life Challenge. The combination of dates and peanut butter was incredibly delicious — so delicious that I almost felt it was ‘dangerous’ to keep them around the house … tempting, filling, and moreish for sure!
1 1/2 cups dates, pitted
1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Soak the pitted dates in hot water – use just enough to cover the dates.
- Purée the dates in a blender.
- Add the peanut butter. If it gets too sticky, add a bit of the water the dates were soaking in.
- Turn out the mixture in a bowl. Refrigerate the mixture for 15-20 minutes to make it easier to roll into small balls.
- Gently roll the balls in the desiccated coconut to coat them.
- Store the peanut butter date balls in an air tight container.
An alternative to the date/peanut butter/purée process is to slice the date in half and fill with peanut butter. It’s quicker and it tastes just as good! Enjoy!