his recipe was adopted from a recipe I saw in The Men’s Health Big Book of Food. The original recipe said that it made 4 servings. However, I found the servings to be huge, so I’ve divided the nutritional info into 6 servings, which is what I ended up serving. Even the smaller serving was filling enough. No added sides necessary. The leftovers the next day tasted just as good. The combination of flavors is great!
Hot Pepper Dressing
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 lime – squeeze out juice
2 jalapeno chilis, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 can (15.5 oz) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 teaspoon ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 lime – juiced
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 cups frozen corn, thawed 1-2 min
1 red bell pepper
1 avocado, diced
8 cups mixed lettuce/spinach leaves
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl until well combined
2. Let it sit for 10 minutes before mixing into the salad
1. Drain liquid from the can of beans and lightly rinse before putting into a bowl and mixing in the cumin, salt, and pepper. Let the mixture marinate while preparing the rest of the salad.
2. Toss the shrimp with the lime juice, olive oil, and chili powder. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired. Let combination sit as the grill pan heats. When the grill is hot, grill the shrimp until opaque, about 4 minutes each side.
3. Add the corn, red pepper, avocado, and mixed lettuce leaves to the bowl with the beans and toss.
4. Divide the salad among 6 bowls, top each with the grilled shrimp, and serve.
Nutritional info: (calories per serving/recipe serves 6)
Salad + Dressing
22.8 g. protein
28.7 g. carbohydrates (9 g. fiber)
12 g. fat (2.7 g. saturated fat)
22.7 g. protein
28 g. carbohydrate (9 g. fiber)
12 g. fat (1.1 g. saturated fat)
0.1 g. protein
0.7 g. carbohydrates (0.2 fiber)
11.3 g. fat (1.6 g. saturated fat)
For more recipes, click here.